Sunday 22 March 2009

Thankful

I feel extremely thankful for my life today even more so than usual. I have learnt that Jade Goody lost her cancer battle today at he age of 27 leaving behind 2 young sons.

As I have said before, I believe God has a plan for all of us and we won't be able to know what it is untill after we pass. This how-ever does not stop the saddness and the feeling of why has this happened, because we are human and know nothing else..

I am very sad for Jade's little boys, losing their mom on Mothers day of all days.
I pray that they grow strong in faith and that this tragedy does not hinder their future in anyway.
If they are anything like their mother they will thrive and make best of all situations.
My prayers are with Jade's family at this time of grieving. I pray for strength and courage for all of them, also for anyone else having to face the cancer battle at the moment.
I don't think that we as humans know how strong we are until being strong is the only option. I also believe that God does not give us anything to endure that does not have rich rewards and blessings at the end of it.
As I said above it is impossible sometimes to physically see what these rewards may be but I think we have to have faith and trust God implicitly. Know that God's plan is perfect and it really is his buisness. We will never have any conception of the why's, what-for's and where's while we are on earth.

I am thankful today and am overwhelmingly glad to be alive. This has made me realise I need to take care of ME because life is precious and all though I know where I am going after I die, I still want to make the best of this life first, as it was given to me for a reason.
I am thankful for my loved ones and pray for their good health. I am blessed and I know it!

'When the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say blessed be the name of the Lord!'

No comments:

Post a Comment