Monday 1 June 2009

I have MS it does not have me!

Having MS has taught me a lot of things, it has taught me to appreciate the good times and smile through the bad.

It has taught me that laughter is ultimately the best medicine.
I have laughed at myself so may times along the way and I look back not with gloom and sadness but experience and lots of memories thanks to laughter, not all bad ones.

I have discovered true faith in lots of ways through family, friends and God

I appreciate everyday and am thankful to have been given life.
I have realized it is not my right to be healthy but it IS my right to have a positive attitude.

I am not angry that I have MS I believe there is a reason for it. And one day I will KNOW what it is.

I can categorically say that whatever MS throws up for me, I will face it head on with a fighting spirit and will never be defeated!

I realize that no matter how down I feel or how ill I get that there is always someone worse off than myself.

I do not ask God for a lighter load in this life, all I ask is for strong shoulders to carry it.
And I believe I have pretty strong shoulders!

I am grateful to the medical profession. They are working hard to find a cure for MS and I have faith that there will be a cure found.

I am thankful for all the able bodied people who fund raise to provide funding to make other people more aware of MS and what suffers have to endure on a daily basis.

Most of all I just love life. I am exited to see how it changes. What other friends I can make a long the way.
How many more beautiful places on this earth I can visit that will make me even more thankful to be alive.
How many people I can help and advise while they’re starting out on their MS path, by listening and talking things through.

I believe MS is not the end. It is just the start of a new chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment