Sunday 7 June 2009

next door neighbours

I am having a moan. I hope you don't mind... my next door neighbour, or shall we call it my NDN as typing the full words is going to make me moan and bitch even more.
so here we go my NDN is such a moaner!
I think in all fairness I am a relatively good neighbour I don't moan I don't complain I don't play music loud until all hours of the night etc blah blah blah

Now lets face it, we don't get many sunny days in the UK and last weekend was a particularly sunny warm weekend and as it was my moms birthday we decided to have a barbeque... I spent hours making the garden look pretty you know the usual garden jewellery, fairy lights, solar powered path enhancers (whatever they are?!) but the jist is I was pleased so.. ( I'm digressing here a little bit) We get the chiminea (little clay thing that you burn logs in.. pointless I know but even so..)on the go and light the barbeque and start to enjoy our evening, when a voice from nowhere... kind of like the voice from above but without the angel chorus and trumpets and all the clouds parting and rays of light shining down on us, goes a little something like this....
'excuse me, but can you tell me when I am allowed to have my back door open, as that smoke has been going on too long!'
I mean c'mon! if you're going to complain at least come to the bloody front door! and not hide in your bedroom shouting through the window! aaarrrrggghhh!

This is coming from the woman who a couple of months ago came round about tea time and knocked the front door and said and this is verbatim.... 'I hope you don't mind me coming round, but would you mind shutting your kitchen draw a bit quieter please? as I have a migraine and it's echoing all through my house'
I was so shocked I just said 'erm... yeah of course, sorry!' Can you believe that stupid reply! you know after you have had these things happen, you lie in bed at night replaying it, and you come up with the best come backs ever! but no it had passed so I thought of what I could say to her and I felt like going round to hers and saying 'erm I hope you don't mind me coming round, but it's 1 am and I can hear you breathing and I am trying to sleep, would you mind just stopping for tonight thank you very much' But I refrained, maybe next time!
Well getting that off my chest has gone some way in helping me calm down a bit. I think my NDN needs to learn to live and let live, if not that then move into a log cabin 1000 miles away from the nearest town!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment